Tuesday, December 13, 2011

UNTITLED CAB PROJECT, part 1

For me, a good day or a bad day will depend on what the cab I jump in to in the morning smells like.

Seriously.

If it smells like the cabbie's been smoking, the ride will be jerky and unwavering, making me completely nauseous. But, the good thing is that the guy will usually be on his cellphone for most of the trip so, how much can I really complain.

A strong cologne smell is not just nauseating, but it covers whatever smell was in there before. Take your pick: Curry rice, Golubci and/or something with ham and cream of corn. Then, I end up smelling like the cabbie's cologne and my boyfriend's look is damning: "Really? You were mad at me when I stepped out on you ten years ago in college, when we 'separated'." This cabbie usually wants to talk - to hear himself talk - and asks you questions about political issues in his country that you would never be knowledgeable about even if you knew what the hell Russian broadcasters said or by happenstance typed rt.com into your browser.

It'll feel like the day won't end if the cabbie's rude. The Ethiopian cabbie -an Ethiopian flag was somewhere on the dashboard- wanted to drop me off on the side of the road and pick up another passenger because I only asked for a $7 cab ride and he assumed that the man with a suitcase walking on the sidewalk haling a cab was going to the airport which is a $45 cab ride. Wow. "Really?" I yelled. "No, you can't drop me off and pick him up!" He started driving two miles an hour after that just to make me mad and run up the meter.

[More to come...]

No comments:

Post a Comment